Tuesday, March 17, 2009

1st Post

This is really just a practice post, being new to the blogging world...but I hope this is a place where you will come to share your musings about the music and other related topics.

I'll start off with a little musing about my background...I always knew I'd be in Band, I guess because of all the parades we went to growing up...not to mention the fact that my dad's favorite musical was The Music Man (my sister and I can recite it by heart). We lived in Texas when it was time for me to start band...I thought I wanted to play trumpet because Herb Alpert and Al Hirt were really big at the time. When it came time to try out the instruments I picked up a trumpet tried to blow through it and couldn't get a single note, I was devastated...I walk over to this really shiny big brass instrument picked it up and blew several notes...the instrument was a French Horn and it's been pretty much a part of my life to this day.

I have a Music Ed degree and taught for 3 years, I enjoyed teaching but I enjoy bringing the greatest music in the world to my Mid-Missouri audience every day.

Karen Seeger

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to you, Karen and to KBIA for starting this weblog! KBIA is a dynamic organization that seems to embrace change without losing site of its role as a home for classical music in mid-Missouri. Hope this takes off and benefits all!

    ReplyDelete